Volunteers from the community, SUU employees and students spent 500-600 hours restoring the 1929 Willys Whippet that SUU President Michael T. Benson rode in during the 2011 Homecoming parade.
The scene was less than amorous half an hour before midnight as students huddled under the Power 91 canopy while rain poured from the sky at Friday’s True T-Bird night.
A busted sledge hammer, the Homecoming queen getting her hands dirty and an angry defensive lineman all contributed to a demolished car.
The 2011 Homecoming Parade displaying the theme, Kickin’ it Old School, made its way down University Blvd. Saturday.
As Homecoming Week came to a close, students geared up to support the SUU football team at the tailgate party Saturday.
SUU President Michael T. Benson steered in the climax of Homecoming Week Friday night with the announcement of the most ambitious fundraising effort in school history, topped off with live music, refreshments and fireworks.
- Cardboard boats race in 10th anniversary event
- Live Updates: SUU 45, UTSA 22 (FINAL SCORE)
- Coyotes spoil T-Bird lead
- Powderpuff teams embrace mud, competition
- Homecoming a chance for freshmen to shine
- Homecoming preparations cause closures
- Students, alumni to wrap up week
- Science students train for role in dedication
- Kickoff combines karaoke, free food to open activities
- Miss Homecoming 2011 crowned during pageant