Along with senior Hayden Hawks being crowned as the All-American, the SUU men’s cross-country team finished 21st in the NCAA National Championships race in Louisville, Kentucky Saturday afternoon.
One unique aspect of being a distance runner on the SUU track and field team is those runners, in a sense, compete in three seasons over the course of a year.
The SUU men’s cross-country team earned its ticket to the NCAA National Championships Saturday after the team placed fourth at the NCAA Mountain Regional race Friday in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The NCAA National Championships are a week from Saturday, but the SUU cross-country team needs to qualify for Nationals first by getting in the top ranks at the NCAA Mountain Regional race Friday.
After the SUU men’s cross-country team took the Big Sky Conference championship title Saturday morning, the T-Birds’ prepare for the NCAA Mountain Regional race, which is set to run on Nov. 13 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Senior Hayden Hawks led the SUU men’s team to their first Big Sky Conference cross-country title at the Cedar Ridge Golf Course Saturday morning.
- Cross Country preps for Big Sky Conference Championships
- Cross-country preps for Big Sky Championships
- Cross-country runs in Pre-Nationals
- SUU competes in Color Country Invite
- Cross-country to run at SUU Color Country Invite
- Cross-country ranked No. 23 in the nation
- Cross-country preps for big meets
- Men's cross-country takes first place at UC Riverside
- Cross country runners start regular season
- T-Birds run into the regular season
- Men's distance team transitions to track and field
- Men's cross-country placed 21st in NCAA National Championships
- Men's Cross-country team heads back to Nationals
- Cross-country runs in Regionals
- Cross-country team's NCAA Mountain Regional preparations
- Sports Recap November 19th, 2012
- Sports Preview November 15th 2012
- Sports Preview November 8th 2012
- Sports Recap October 29th 2012