Along with senior Hayden Hawks being crowned as the All-American, the SUU men’s cross-country team finished 21st in the NCAA National Championships race in Louisville, Kentucky Saturday afternoon.
The 2015-16 school year was a successful year for athletics, at least for the most part. What made it successful? The athletes of course.
Throughout the 2015-16 season, SUU Athletics has made some significant changes and accomplishments across the department and in each sports team.
One unique aspect of being a distance runner on the SUU track and field team is those runners, in a sense, compete in three seasons over the course of a year.
The SUU men’s cross-country team earned its ticket to the NCAA National Championships Saturday after the team placed fourth at the NCAA Mountain Regional race Friday in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The NCAA National Championships are a week from Saturday, but the SUU cross-country team needs to qualify for Nationals first by getting in the top ranks at the NCAA Mountain Regional race Friday.
- Cross-country team's NCAA Mountain Regional preparations
- SUU's men's XC claims its first BSC title
- Cross Country preps for Big Sky Conference Championships
- Cross-country preps for Big Sky Championships
- Cross-country runs in Pre-Nationals
- SUU competes in Color Country Invite
- Cross-country to run at SUU Color Country Invite
- Cross-country ranked No. 23 in the nation
- Cross-country preps for big meets
- Men's cross-country takes first place at UC Riverside
- SUU's Top 10 Athletes of 2015-16
- Top milestones in SUU Athletics in 2015-16 year
- Men's distance team transitions to track and field
- Men's cross-country placed 21st in NCAA National Championships
- Men's Cross-country team heads back to Nationals
- Sports Recap November 19th, 2012
- Sports Preview November 15th 2012
- Sports Preview November 8th 2012
- Sports Recap October 29th 2012